Saturday, June 1, 2013

I have to go back to the beginning. They ask me "What do you want to do?" They stare at me. They wait. They think I'm wishy washy. I am. Is the truth the worst assumption someone can make about you? I am young, and I am passionate. I am practical. I am impatient. These are my flaws. And the reason I hesitate when I hear "What do you want to do?" or "Where do you want to be in 5 years?" The truth may be the worst assumption you can make about me. Honestly? I want to be married to the love of my life (where ARE you?). I want to be financially stable enough to be thinking about children. I want to be happy. Do I have to be a designer? No. I think all I have to be is a creator. Of something. I have bitterness and resentment in my heart that I need to let go of. Both old and new. It lies like a stone in my chest, the weight of it growing heavier each day. I have become jaded, cynical, and increasingly dissatisfied as the years have gone by.

No comments:

Post a Comment