Thursday, April 23, 2009

Authorial Intent

I swear I saw it. It was there all of a day, in a momentary flash of brilliance the memory came back because of those words. It pinched me, called me to its attention and lingered in my mind. When I'm around you, its there. This tiny foolish thought that persists and tells me what I want and what I don't. This thought doesn't know me or my desires yet it tugs and pulls me toward something that ultimately would destroy me and everything good I have come to surround myself with. To repeat a mistake like this thought at all would be unacceptable.

But that doesn't change the fact that it's there and it knows I want to follow.

Then I think, maybe the thought wasn't meant for me at all. Was it not? Maybe I was reading in between lines that were not mine. Maybe; that would certainly make life easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment